Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dimensioning Problem

SupDoc
The Text is too large. How do I change the Size? I'd like to move the red dimension further away from the part. How do I do that?  How do I delete the red dimension?Dimensioning Problem
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dimensioning Problem

dellus
This post was updated on .
You can change the size of the dimension text in Options - Current Drawing Preferences - Dimensions, but only for all dimensions in a drawing, not individually.
To move the dimension away, select (click on) it. You then can either pull out the whole dimension with the right end blue handle (square) or just move the text with the blue handle at the middle.

To delete: select it and press the Delete tab on your keyboard.  
Reply | Threaded
|

SupDoc

On 10/7/2019 3:31 PM, dellus [via LibreCAD] wrote:
You can change the size of the dimension text in Options - Current Drawing Preferences, but only for all dimensions in a drawing, not individually. It worked!

To move the dimension away, select (click on) it. You then can either pull out the whole dimension with the right end blue handle (square) or just move the text with the blue handle at the middle. I go to Tools->Select->Select Entity. When I click on it turns dashed red.  I see the blue dots, but when I click on them nothing happens (I think the problem may be in the snap connections at the bottom. I tried several but no change.  Also, I do not understand their functionality. Can you give me a brief explanation here?

To delete: select it and press the Delete tab on your keyboard.  Delete using select, hit delete button works, also worked on the arc we talked about before. 

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Dimensioning-Problem-tp5717788p5717793.html
To unsubscribe from Dimensioning Problem, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
"I see the blue dots, but when I click on them nothing happens". Keep mouse button pressed, pull to desired position and release. Nothing to do with snap connections. Too tired to explain more now. Please read the manual: https://wiki.librecad.org/images/2/20/LibreCAD_Users_Manual_2.1.3.pdf
Reply | Threaded
|

krtElephant01
dellus wrote
Keep mouse button pressed, pull to desired position and release. Nothing to do with snap connections. Too tired to explain more now. Please read the manual: https://wiki.librecad.org/images/2/20/LibreCAD_Users_Manual_2.1.3.pdf
OP is totally correct.  It *does* have to do with snaps that you have enabled.  If you don't have grid snapping enabled, you can't reposition the dimension to anywhere but the other types of snaps defined. In trying to drag a dimension outwards, away from all other intersections/ends/objects/whatever, not having grid snapping enabled means that there is nothing to drag this toward, since only the grid exists outside the objects.  This is a fundamental concept, which it turns out applies to dimension objects, just like all others.

It's actually a bit annoying, I have to turn off grid snapping to get my dimension snapped correctly, and then turn it back on while dragging it outwards away from the drawing/objects.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Keep Free Snap on together with any other snap you desire, then you can drag freely to any position.