Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Direction of panning with mouse wheel

Keeran
Normally when you pan or scroll with a mouse wheel, rotating wheel down causes scrolling down or right. Every program I have installed works this way, including GIMP and Inkscape. But LibreCAD for some reason works the other way around - rotating the wheel down scrolls up or left. Also I don't think it was always like that and it've worked normally before.
So what could've happened and how I can make it work normal? I don't see any 'invert mouse wheel direction' option.
This is true for both repository version of LibreCAD and 2.2th I've just compiled from source. Xubuntu 18.04.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Direction of panning with mouse wheel

Philip
Hi Keeran,

I use version 2.2.0-rc1 on Windows.  I'm not sure if this is what you mean but when rotating the mouse wheel the screen will zoom differently depending on where the pointer is located on the screen. When I rotate the mouse wheel the drawing will zoom in or out.  To pan in any direction I depress and hold the mouse wheel and the cursor turns into a hand.  Then just move the screen around.  Hope this helps.
Reply | Threaded
|

Keeran
No, this doesn't help, sorry.
I meant scrolling/panning  with mouse wheel with Ctrl or Shift buttons depressed.
Reply | Threaded
|

Philip
Ah, now I understand.  Sorry, but I don't know any way to change the behavior of the mouse.  On the Windows version panning using the Ctrl and Shift buttons work this way:

Ctrl + rotate wheel down causes an object on the screen to move down while the slider bar on the right moves up.  Ctrl + rotate wheel up causes the object to move up while the slider moves down.

Shift + rotate wheel down causes the object to move to the right and the slider at the bottom to move to the left.  Shift + rotate wheel up is opposite.

Reply | Threaded
|

Keeran
Philip wrote
Ctrl + rotate wheel down causes an object on the screen to move down while
the slider bar on the right moves up.
Shift + rotate wheel down causes the object to move to the right and the
slider at the bottom to move to the left.  
It's exactly what I'm talking about. Look at your browser: when you rotate the wheel down, you scroll a page down, meaning the page goes up and slider down. Graphics editors work like that too - GIMP and Inkscape. But not LibreCAD for some reason.
Reply | Threaded
|

Philip
I have never noticed that.  Always something new to learn.