classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

E on Compile: QTHelp not found

ManDay
I'm trying to compile from ddd50a851a5f2bd430d47ee3cd71536948bf5e03 and I get

src/main/qc_applicationwindow.cpp:31:18: error: QtHelp: No such file or directory

Can you help? (I'm on Gentoo).

It would be great if the make system could be a bit more flexibible with regard to missing components. In other words, that certain feature of LibreCAD (such as QTHelp) where made optional (as other programs allow with autotools and --disable respectively --with)

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: E on Compile: QTHelp not found

R. van Twisk
Administrator

On Aug 10, 2011, at 2:56 PM, ManDay [via LibreCAD] wrote:

I'm trying to compile from ddd50a851a5f2bd430d47ee3cd71536948bf5e03 and I get

src/main/qc_applicationwindow.cpp:31:18: error: QtHelp: No such file or directory

Can you help? (I'm on Gentoo).

It would be great if the make system could be a bit more flexibible with regard to missing components. In other words, that certain feature of LibreCAD (such as QTHelp) where made optional (as other programs allow with autotools and --disable respectively --with)

I think this can be auto-decected, I am not 100% sure and need to verify if I get more
of these requests. You could fill in a bug report if you like so we won't forget and
allows others to comment on it.

However, you should beable to have qthelp in your gentoo repository, this is a common
component from Qt.

Ries

Thanks

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/E-on-Compile-QTHelp-not-found-tp4687056p4687056.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

ManDay
Hello Ries, thank you for your reply. I think I've found out that QTHelp is somewhere part of the QTAssistant module.

After looking at the ton of dependencies it wants I would really appreciate not needing it at all. Is there perhaps a simple hack that I could use to make QTHelp (together with qt-xmlpatterns qt-svg qt-phonon qt-webkit qt-opengl qt-declarative) unecessary?

It's not crucial but I was rather hoping to get a somewhat lightweight package (in terms of components), now the dependencies seem to pile up to the sky, so I'd like to forgo as many as possible.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Hello,

while I should add more USE flags to the package, please still test the librecad ebuilds in science-overlay.

x11-libs/qt-assistant:4 is a hard dependency of librecad in ebuilds, if you feel you can tweak librecad to build without qt-assistant, please send in your ebuild/patch, etc.

It would be of great help to us.

Thanks,

Dongxu Li

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 3:32 AM, ManDay [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Ries, thank you for your reply. I think I've found out that QTHelp is somewhere part of the QTAssistant module.

After looking at the ton of dependencies it wants I would really appreciate not needing it at all. Is there perhaps a simple hack that I could use to make QTHelp (together with qt-xmlpatterns qt-svg qt-phonon qt-webkit qt-opengl qt-declarative) unecessary?

It's not crucial but I was rather hoping to get a somewhat lightweight package (in terms of components), now the dependencies seem to pile up to the sky, so I'd like to forgo as many as possible.

http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/E-on-Compile-QTHelp-not-found-tp4687056p4688682.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-dev, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

ManDay
Hello, so I eventually installed LibreCad successfully and I must say it was worth the QT (Normally, I wouldn't let any QT application onto my computer but I made an exception for LibreCAD). The concepts (how you don't rely on explicit constraints but rather specific entity types) takes a little getting used to but it runs very stable and works perfectly as expected as far as I can see. Great work, keep it up! Cheers!
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Hello,

Thanks for your reply!

Myself was a long time qcad user, and I use qcad/librecad not only for CAD, but also for geometry in general.

Right now, we are implementing exciting new features for librecad, like supporting of other CAD file formats(work in progress), intersection of ellipse (ready for testing in git master) and spline(planning), integrating more native qt4 support(we have to live with qt, porting to gtk needs lots of manpower, and doesn't really generate perceivable improvement).

Again, we really need more users to test it on daily use base, or even better, we need developers for coding and writing/translating documents. Also, I'm currently the maintainer for librecad/brlcad on gentoo, let me know if we can improve the gentoo ebuilds in any way.

Regards,

Dongxu

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 2:24 PM, ManDay [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, so I eventually installed LibreCad successfully and I must say it was worth the QT (Normally, I wouldn't let any QT application onto my computer but I made an exception for LibreCAD). The concepts (how you don't rely on explicit constraints but rather specific entity types) takes a little getting used to but it runs very stable and works perfectly as expected as far as I can see. Great work, keep it up! Cheers!

http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/E-on-Compile-QTHelp-not-found-tp4687056p4690461.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-dev, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

ManDay
After all I managed to install GTK+ QT theme engine, so at least it looks like at home now. I just try to forget that there is a QT running behind the scenes ;D