Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fill/hatching disappears when layer with photo is visible

rkim777
Hi, folks. I used a photo of my backyard and swimming pool on a layer, put the outline of a deck on a second layer, and filled in the deck outline with a solid fill on a third layer. The deck outline filled in can be seen below in the top screenshot. But when I make the layer visible with the photo of my backyard, the solid fill disappears even though the deck outline still remains visible as can be seen in the bottom screenshot.

Is there a way I can have the solid fill color remain when I make the layer with the backyard photo visible? I'd like for the overall drawing to have the solid fill color over the backyard photo to show what a finished desk might look like when superimposed on top of the original backyard photo. Thanks in advance.

Deck outline with solid color fill that disappears when backyard photo is visible
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fill/hatching disappears when layer with photo is visible

dellus
Use the Order commands.
Reply | Threaded
|

rkim777
Thank you for your reply. I apologize for the hassle. I'm new with LibreCAD and have been trying Tools>Modify>Order and the different options from there but still can't get the solid fill to appear above the JPEG. Could you please let me know if I'm doing this correctly?
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
The procedure for Order is quite confusing, I use trial and error myself. In your case it seems best to send the image to the bottom, as it is the larger part. Click "move to bottom", then select the image by clicking on it, you can recognize it has been selected by the outline getting dotted, close selection with Enter, then do an Escape twice!
Did it work?
Reply | Threaded
|

rkim777
Thank you, dellus! That worked! I had to set the image Order to Bottom and hatch Order to Top.