3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Formatting MText fields

johng
This post was updated on .
Hi All,

I am working on a drawing I imported from AutoCAD. The text was previously formatted using the "AutoCAD feature, which puts formatting information into the text field" as per previous post.

I now need to reformat all the text so that it is more readable. I am struggling to find a way to change the font size etc for multiple Text objects.

I have tried selecting multiple text objects and then selecting Properties but don't seem to be able to. This works for line objects but not Text.

Also there does not seem to to inherit text attributes on the layer level again unlike line attributes.

I am sure there must be a way. Can anyone assist with how I go about it?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Formatting MText fields

dellus
If you want to change font size etc for several text objects in one go, no, there is no way. With "Properties" you always can edit a single entity only. With "Attributes" you can edit several entities, but it doesn't cover detailed aspects of text.
Text attributes cannot be set as a property of a layer.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Formatting MText fields

johng
Thanks for the reply, not what I wanted to hear :) Perhaps a reason not to use LibreCAD. How do others work around this problem? Perhaps its only really a problem with Electrical drawings where you have a lot of text fields?

Would it perhaps be possible using the command line?

I seem to remember there is a way to read multiple commands from a text file. Could one get a list of all text fields selected for example and use that to create multiple commands to change font in each?