classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gday from Perth Western Australia

WAPanda
G'Day all
My friends and family all call me Panda the nick name from my 3 daughter, who could not say Papa as babies and sounded more like panda hence I've been Panda for 29 years now. Some years ago well 2011, I was in a major accident some person T-bone me on my motorbike and I lost a leg my kneck was broken at C2 the little bone at the back was wedged between the vertebra and also L4-L5 and they have been fused. This accident forced me to retire quite early and newer safety laws in Australia do allow me to return being a high voltage lineman's on small rail system. To dangerous around city trains and hard to keep balanced on the ballast, anyway enough of that. I'm originally from Quebec Canada but lived here almost 35 years now. I'm 52 and before leaving Canada i did an apprenticeship in carpentry via my uncle at the time. My trade doesn't exist here in WA, not to sure about the rest of the country, but back home it was called a finisher or final trims, so I was always able to read Plans and drawing, but never have I used a cad prog. I've heard of them, seen them, never used one, well tried many years ago, but back then you needed a uni degree just to open it up. I have gone back to doing woodwork making doll house furniture and houses all custom made to client request most want identical builds of their own home so I try to replicate as close as possible right down to the tiles on the floor so one house can take me quite some time.And there not the Barbie size  more for the cabbage patch dolls so they are to scale and that as well varies from client to client. I even learned not long ago to do pottery so i can replicate the roof tiles some of my friend think it's insane to go that far but I have made 5 so far and word of mouth exploded among the  the clients who can actually afford theses. There a few rules to follow to like I cant post pics of it online as it a replica of their own home  so I guess their worried of being robbed. And now I'm working on a motorize garage door but all is on hold for the moment,  I use to draw all by hand old school way and graph paper but now I have Carpal tunnel in both hands and a bit of arthritis so hence leaning cad so please be patient with this oldy I also tried skechup but ya. I don't need 3d. just need to make old stile blueprints with schematics so I believe I can achieve this here. thank you for reading all my Babel

Kind regards
Panda
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gday from Perth Western Australia

dxli
Hi Panda,

Believe it or not, lots of LibreCAD code is from Quebec. We had cloude(from quebec city), and I'm in Montreal now.

Feel free to discuss more with our small but growing community.

dxli
WAPanda wrote
G'Day all
My friends and family all call me Panda the nick name from my 3 daughter, who could not say Papa as babies and sounded more like panda hence I've been Panda for 29 years now. Some years ago well 2011, I was in a major accident some person T-bone me on my motorbike and I lost a leg my kneck was broken at C2 the little bone at the back was wedged between the vertebra and also L4-L5 and they have been fused. This accident forced me to retire quite early and newer safety laws in Australia do allow me to return being a high voltage lineman's on small rail system. To dangerous around city trains and hard to keep balanced on the ballast, anyway enough of that. I'm originally from Quebec Canada but lived here almost 35 years now. I'm 52 and before leaving Canada i did an apprenticeship in carpentry via my uncle at the time. My trade doesn't exist here in WA, not to sure about the rest of the country, but back home it was called a finisher or final trims, so I was always able to read Plans and drawing, but never have I used a cad prog. I've heard of them, seen them, never used one, well tried many years ago, but back then you needed a uni degree just to open it up. I have gone back to doing woodwork making doll house furniture and houses all custom made to client request most want identical builds of their own home so I try to replicate as close as possible right down to the tiles on the floor so one house can take me quite some time.And there not the Barbie size  more for the cabbage patch dolls so they are to scale and that as well varies from client to client. I even learned not long ago to do pottery so i can replicate the roof tiles some of my friend think it's insane to go that far but I have made 5 so far and word of mouth exploded among the  the clients who can actually afford theses. There a few rules to follow to like I cant post pics of it online as it a replica of their own home  so I guess their worried of being robbed. And now I'm working on a motorize garage door but all is on hold for the moment,  I use to draw all by hand old school way and graph paper but now I have Carpal tunnel in both hands and a bit of arthritis so hence leaning cad so please be patient with this oldy I also tried skechup but ya. I don't need 3d. just need to make old stile blueprints with schematics so I believe I can achieve this here. thank you for reading all my Babel

Kind regards
Panda
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gday from Perth Western Australia

WAPanda
I'm from a rural town called Buckinghan

but i think it's been engulfed by the city of Gatineau were I went to school
i went homre last year it was my first time in 15 years and Barely recondnised the place
I've been in the land of OZ for a very long time and calle it home

When I fisrt migrated here I spoke just enought english to get by
but now most people cant tell i had an accent and if they do they ask if i'm irish