Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Georeferenced BaseMap? How?

GroundwaterCA
Hi there - I'm completely new to LibreCAD (and CAD in general - I use Corel to do my drawings usually).  Reason for getting into a CAD based platform is I need coordinate embeded DXF files (site plans) for 2-D groundwater modelling software I use.  I can easily create a .tif or .jpeg image as a basemap but need to import it into CAD - scale it to the right scale then export it with the embedded coordinates. Should be easy I thought.  I've tried and can sort of do it but the basemap isn't being rescaled when I try using the Scale function and the command line appoach is evading my entreaties.  Is there any tutorial somewhere that covers this specific topic - I can't track one down.  Cheers!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Georeferenced BaseMap? How?

dellus
There is a bug in V 2.1.3 , the image seems to be disappeared after a scaling or moving operation. Do an AutoZoom (quickest: double click on middle mouse button) and it is back. Fixed in V 2.2.0 rc.
Be sure to close selection of image with Enter.
I don't know of a special tutorial on this topic. But see https://wiki.librecad.org/images/2/20/LibreCAD_Users_Manual_2.1.3.pdf Page 72.
Reply | Threaded
|

GroundwaterCA
Oooh - that would explain why it disappears.  I hit a bug straight out of the blocks - great!   Thanks Dellus for the tip. I'll try it and I'll check out the link you provided!  Cheers
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
In reply to this post by GroundwaterCA
Reply | Threaded
|

GroundwaterCA
Thanks Flywire - so far I've got the basemap import and rescaling problem to work in LibreCAD but now I've found a scale translation issue between LibreCAD and the program I import the *.dxf file into - now I have to work out what that issue is - so getting there, slowly but surely.  Cheers!