classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greetings

fbicknel
Hi, it's me. I'm using LibreCad. Not sure what else you'd like to know. ^.^

Hey, while I'm here, does anyone know if it's possible to tie a dimension to an object so that if the object were moved, the dimension would move along with it?

Oh, and how about if I want to move a dimension further away from where it was created... say in order to add a new dimension beneath it.

|<-------------5------------->|
|                                      |
+------------------------------+
|                                      |

So in this silly example (my kingdom for a fixed width font), say the '5' dimension, were to be moved up to add a new dimension below it... leaders and extension lines and all. Anyone know how to do that?

Just a random thought or two.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greetings

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Hey, welcome to LibreCAD!

To modify dimensions, you can simply drag the grippers.
When you select an entity, not only dimensions, you can see these little blue and green grippers.
Click on the entity and drag it to move it to another place.
Clicking on one of the gripper and drag it to modify the entity in place.
Try this and you will see how it works.

To move a dimension with its related entity, select both and drag them or use the Modify - Move/Copy tool.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greetings

fbicknel
Hey, that works pretty well, thanks for the tip. I tried selecting a dimensioned rectangle (both dimensions and all), then dragged the control points for the top of the rectangle up. The vertical dimension adjusted automatically, but the horizontal dimension had to be dragged up separately for some reason. I'll play around with it later and see if I can't figure out some other way to do it. But hey, this is a big improvement. Thanks!

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 5:28 PM LordOfBikes [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey, welcome to LibreCAD!

To modify dimensions, you can simply drag the grippers.
When you select an entity, not only dimensions, you can see these little blue and green grippers.
Click on the entity and drag it to move it to another place.
Clicking on one of the gripper and drag it to modify the entity in place.
Try this and you will see how it works.

To move a dimension with its related entity, select both and drag them or use the Modify - Move/Copy tool.

Armin

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Greetings-tp5715324p5715325.html
To unsubscribe from Greetings, click here.
NAML
--

Sent from my stone tablet
- Frank