Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hardcoded non-translatable items

xnakos
Hi, all! Since yang and I have gone through our first approach to the Greek translation, we have come across more than a couple of hardcoded non-translatable items. Mostly it is the Snap sub-menu. And a few items here and there. Would you like a list? Here or in Github (issues)?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hardcoded non-translatable items

dxli
hi,

if you know how to fix this, please fork at github.com, fix it in your repository, and send us pull requests.

If you don't know how to fix this, please file a bug report either as a github issue or sourceforge.net tracker.

Regards,

dxli

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM, xnakos [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, all! Since yang and I have gone through our first approach to the Greek translation, we have come across more than a couple of hardcoded non-translatable items. Mostly it is the Snap sub-menu. And a few items here and there. Would you like a list? Here or in Github (issues)?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Hardcoded-non-translatable-items-tp5707108.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-dev, click here.
NAML

--
Dongxu Li, Ph.D.
www.librecad.org

Reply | Threaded
|

xnakos
OK, I will send a pull request after I fix whatever strings I find.
Reply | Threaded
|

xnakos
I have sent the pull request. Another thing is this: When looking for:

"Align" (under "Modify" submenu)
"Same properties" (under "Modify" submenu)

"List entities" (under "Info" submenu)
"Sample plugin" (under "Help" submenu)

(and I believe the same holds for "Read ascii points" and "shape file" under "Import")

the strings are translatable (at least most of them, that is for most of them the "tr" call exists), but after lupdate the entries are not created in the language files. By checking plugins/plugins.pro, TRANSLATIONS was empty. After copying the translation part and modifying the paths from librecad/src/src.pro and running lupdate, everything was generated as it should be (in the .ts files). But I don't know if I should send a pull request for such a change in the .pro file. How is it generated?
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli

Hi,

Pro files are created manually, so feel free to polish them.

Regards,

Dongxu

On Oct 6, 2012 12:00 PM, "xnakos [via LibreCAD]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have sent the pull request. Another thing is this: When looking for:

"Align" (under "Modify" submenu)
"Same properties" (under "Modify" submenu)

"List entities" (under "Info" submenu)
"Sample plugin" (under "Help" submenu)

(and I believe the same holds for "Read ascii points" and "shape file" under "Import")

the strings are translatable (at least most of them, that is for most of them the "tr" call exists), but after lupdate the entries are not created in the language files. By checking plugins/plugins.pro, TRANSLATIONS was empty. After copying the translation part and modifying the paths from librecad/src/src.pro and running lupdate, everything was generated as it should be (in the .ts files). But I don't know if I should send a pull request for such a change in the .pro file. How is it generated?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Hardcoded-non-translatable-items-tp5707108p5707111.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-dev, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

xnakos
Hi! Just a question. I don't know if it has come up before, but seeing now that the plugin strings were more than a couple, I wanted to ask if it would be possible (I think it is but QT is kind of new to me (I have been more of a wxGuy till now ;) )) and advisable to have separate language files for different parts of LibreCAD. Let's say the core and the plugins. What do you think about multiple language files? I was thinking about that, mainly because the plugin base will grow greatly on its own. On another matter, that belongs to a separate thread (but I cannot resist thread hijacking and offtopicism), what is the best resource on the plugin interface, i.e. the C++ API that plugins can use to manipulate the drawing?
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Hi xnakos,

Rallaz can answer this. I don't really know plugins here.

dxli

xnakos wrote
Hi! Just a question. I don't know if it has come up before, but seeing now that the plugin strings were more than a couple, I wanted to ask if it would be possible (I think it is but QT is kind of new to me (I have been more of a wxGuy till now ;) )) and advisable to have separate language files for different parts of LibreCAD. Let's say the core and the plugins. What do you think about multiple language files? I was thinking about that, mainly because the plugin base will grow greatly on its own. On another matter, that belongs to a separate thread (but I cannot resist thread hijacking and offtopicism), what is the best resource on the plugin interface, i.e. the C++ API that plugins can use to manipulate the drawing?
Reply | Threaded
|

xnakos
Hi, dxli! I will wait for Rallaz (he mentioned he would be busy for a couple of weeks).