Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello and a Question on the Drawing Area

dsliesse
Hi, everyone.  I'm not an engineer, and I'm not a draftsman -- I just prefer to use software for personal projects like drawing line maps (in this case, a map of a rail system).  Strictly 2D stuff, so a 2D CAD program is perfect for my needs.  I'm migrating from SmartDraw v7, which apparently doesn't play nice with Windows 10 (and later versions cost too much for what I use the software for).  I might also use it now and then to do computer-related drawings: flow charts, entity-relationship diagrams, and/or data flow diagrams.

Right now, though, I'm working on the aforementioned map and running into a problem: it seems like the drawing area is locked into 90x90 grid points.  If I specify a custom paper size of 128" x 128" I still get 90 grid points on each axis and the paper size reverts to something just over 5".  Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but at others have noted the documentation is less than perfect or complete, so if someone can advise on how I can get an essentially unlimited drawing area I'd appreciate it!  I'm not likely to ever want to actually print my drawing, so paper size actually is irrelevant; it's just what I'm used to adjusting for problems like this.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hello and a Question on the Drawing Area

dellus
There are issues with inch paper sizes in V 2.1.3. Get the latest nightly V 2.2.0 RC version https://sourceforge.net/projects/librecad/files/Windows/NightlyBuilds/master/LibreCAD-Installer-2.2.0-rc1-254-g9f2c32dd.exe/download Your page size works here.
Regarding grid size, not sure if I understand your problem right, but probably it's just because grid spacing is set to auto.