Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello, from Roxboro, N.Carolina

59Panhead
I use AutoCAD on my Windows machine(s), but like to experiment with Fedora from time to time.  I just installed Fedora 22 on a machine that I use just for Linux.  And, LibreCAD shortly thereafter.  

I repair/restore old vacuum tube amplifiers, and occasionally build an amp from scratch.  I make CAD schematics of those that do not have them.  I am self-taught in AutoCAD, along with the help of many others over the years.  

I'm looking forward to visiting this site, and learning about LibreCAD from the members here.  

Jack
"We sleep safe in our beds
because rough men stand ready in the night
to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

---George Orwell
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello, from Roxboro, N.Carolina

dxli
Interesting, there are still vacuum tubes out there. I suppose you mean the big ones.

Just make sure you are running the latest stable release: 2.0.8. Please report bugs to our issue tracker:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues

59Panhead wrote
I use AutoCAD on my Windows machine(s), but like to experiment with Fedora from time to time.  I just installed Fedora 22 on a machine that I use just for Linux.  And, LibreCAD shortly thereafter.  

I repair/restore old vacuum tube amplifiers, and occasionally build an amp from scratch.  I make CAD schematics of those that do not have them.  I am self-taught in AutoCAD, along with the help of many others over the years.  

I'm looking forward to visiting this site, and learning about LibreCAD from the members here.  

Jack
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello, from Roxboro, N.Carolina

59Panhead
I'm thinking mine said release 3.  Is that correct.  Will download release 2.0.8 this evening. 

Yes.  I began my electronics training in vacuum tubes (telling my age, now), but abandoned them for 'new' technology.  The head of the electronics department said that tubes would always be around.  Didn't believe him. 

I made my return to tubes maybe 8 or 10 years ago.  It's never died.  The music industry and the Hi-Fi audio industry never let it.  If you ever compare the sound of music reproduced by solid state/computer technology and tubes, you'll never listen to the SS/Computer again. 

Anyway, I'll report my results when I get the other version loaded.  Have a good one. 

Jack

On 10/11/2015 09:12 PM, dxli [via LibreCAD] wrote:
Interesting, there are still vacuum tubes out there. I suppose you mean the big ones.

Just make sure you are running the latest stable release: 2.0.8. Please report bugs to our issue tracker:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues

59Panhead wrote

Jack

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Hello-from-Roxboro-N-Carolina-tp5712402p5712405.html
To unsubscribe from Hello, from Roxboro, N.Carolina, click here.
NAML

"We sleep safe in our beds
because rough men stand ready in the night
to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

---George Orwell