Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello from Toronto... help?

BrotherShamus
Hello.  I'm very new to this and am finding it a little overwhelming.  I started using this program because I'm looking to model houses in Blender and apparently the easiest way to do it is to import a DXF file and use the Archipack add-on.  I'm not actually looking to build any houses... this is strictly for an artistic project (musical animation series) so I don't need anything fancy.  I just need to be able to make exterior/interior walls, be able to mark doors and windows (I believe lines inside the walls are sufficient) and that's it!  If anyone has any tips or can point me to a tutorial that explains only these steps, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello from Toronto... help?

flywire
Select wiki from the header on the main forum page then go to tutorials and do the draw a little house. The user manual is good too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello from Toronto... help?

BrotherShamus
This post was updated on .
Thanks!  Found the tutorial and will give it a go.

edit: I think the Little House is using an older version.  Some of the Current Drawing Preferences they refer to no longer exist and by page 5, I was hopelessly lost.  I'm starting to understand why people go to university to learn this stuff...