Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hi from Hull in the UK

Gixxer
HI all, my name is Ricky, and I have recently installed LibreCAD 2 on my Linux computer.  Been using it for 2 days now, and I am impressed.
I recently bought a copy of the original (1940's) works drawing of the Union Pacific "Big Boy" locomotive, with the aim of drawing up a set of plans for an "O" gauge live steam model, and also the same for 2-1/2" gauge.  So far I have spent about 10 hours on drawing one of the driving wheels in full size, and in "O" gauge. And learning how to use the software as I go along :-)
Only found a couple of problems so far, On dimensions, I'd like to be able to adjust how far away the text is from the dimension line, but can't see an option for that.  Also, I can reduce the full size drawing to O gauge size by changing the measurement units from inches to millimetres, them scaling the drawing down by approximately half, but all the lines and text comes out too thick, so I'll have to have a think again on that.  Otherwise, great bit of kit.  I'm looking forqward to spending the next year or so drawing out the loco in model size, then another 3 or 4 years building it, lol

Cheers

Ricky
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hi from Hull in the UK

dxli
Have a look at main menu:

Edit -> Current Drawing Preferences -> Dimensions

Play "with dimension line gap" and "general Factor", particularly for the two issues mentioned.

Gixxer wrote
Only found a couple of problems so far, On dimensions, I'd like to be able to adjust how far away the text is from the dimension line, but can't see an option for that.  Also, I can reduce the full size drawing to O gauge size by changing the measurement units from inches to millimetres, them scaling the drawing down by approximately half, but all the lines and text comes out too thick, so I'll have to have a think again on that.  Otherwise, great bit of kit.  I'm looking forqward to spending the next year or so drawing out the loco in model size, then another 3 or 4 years building it, lol

Cheers

Ricky
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hi from Hull in the UK

Gixxer
Hi dxli,

Thanks, the "dimension line gap" was the one that controlled the text distance from the measurement line, so that is sorted.  I am playing around with the other settings to resolve the other issue, which I'm sure with a bit of experimenting I will figure out.  Thanks for your help :-)  

Cheers

Ricky