Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How do I to modify an existing fillet

cbrown28646
After I create a fillet, which works fine, I can't find a way to change the radius on the fillet
after it has been created. How do I modify the fillet radius AFTER I have created a fillet?

Thanks
--Corey
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How do I to modify an existing fillet

LordOfBikes
Administrator
A fillet is not just the ARC, the two entities connected tangential to the ARC are trimmed too.
Thus changing the radius of the ARC also modifies the LINES/ARCS connected to the arc and the conditions may become invalid for the changed radius.

So simply delete the ARC and apply the fillet again with the new radius.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

cbrown28646
Ah, ok I see what's going on. I was attempting to put a fillet on a square, which is considered a single
object in LibreCAD. LibreCAD will put a fillet on a square, but then the entire square, fillet and all, becomes
a single object. In order to remove the fillet, the square needs to be exploded into its constituent parts before the fillet can be selected for deletion.

Thanks for the help

--Corey
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
That's right, the rectangle is created as polyline, which is a single entity.

The first fillet command works, because of the 90° angle between two continuous segments.
But on the second attempt, the fillet tool finds the vertex with the line and the fillet arc, which are tangential and therefore can't be rounded.

To explode the rectangle is the correct way, because for non polyline entities fillet can be used multiple times on the same edge.
But the arcs from previous attempts remain and must be deleted. There is no relation between arc and lines, which can be used to delete them automatically.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution