classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to write?

auie
Dear All,

I can get a window where I write how my text should be, but nothing more. I don't succeed in writing any text.
Please could somebody help me?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to write?

dellus
After writing your text in the window, click OK in that window, the window disappears, the text is hanging at the cursor crosshair then. Move it to where you want it in the drawing space, it might seem to disappear on the way, but when you click the mouse at the target position, it will be dropped there and is visible. You can drop it multiple times. Type "Esc" to end the function.
Reply | Threaded
|

auie
This post was updated on .
Thank you very much dellus, but no text appears after I clicked on OK in the text window, after I choosed a place with the vertical and horizontal line and after I clicked on the mouse.

There is only on points which appears at the crossing of the lines each time that I click.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Maybe you just have to select a bigger size for the font, default is 1. Try 20, or even 100, just to see if it helps. Or zoom in very far to see if there is text. The proper text size depends on the other settings in the drawing.
Reply | Threaded
|

auie
Thank you, thank you, thank you dellus! :-) :-) :-)
I wrote 20 and I have little tiny words.
Reply | Threaded
|

ForrestErickson
Hello auie,

When starting a drawing it is hard to understand the scale of things so draw a border say letter size using the rectangle tool.

Here I made the rectangle 11,8.5

Then press <alt> "v" then "a" to view all and zoom to your drawing.

Then try placing text.

Here is what I got:

You see you will have to experiment with setting text size. Try 0.2 like I did here for the second placement.

Please let me know if this helps.
Forrest Erickson