I look for LibreCAD in 64 bit version (for Windows)

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I look for LibreCAD in 64 bit version (for Windows)

happybro
This post was updated on .
[as deleting didn't work, so I bother myself to recreate the deleted post from memory]

Hello.
I'm using Windows 10 and I'm looking for Librecad in 64bit version for windows.

I've tried other sites and some downloads did state 64 in the name, but my task manager says the installed versions are 32 and they are slooow (startup times are random(2s,10s) on  a power computer. Also unstable af.
My father uses an older version, but on a linux and it works like a charm.

A relatively newer version did solve some bugs (less random crashes), as now I'm using ver: 2.2.0-rc1

So I'm writing to this community for help: Please post here a working link to 64bit version of  possibly newest* version of LibreCAD.
*I don't want to downgrade too much.

Preferably without such bugs as: random crashes when touching a curve that a software didn't like for some reason, layer color changing randomly at random intervals (last 2 versions did it too), crash when I do too many "Undo" too fast (whenever I paste a complex figure the undo goes step by step so I see EVERY line disappearing, so I have to spam the undo button).
All these bugs seem deliberate. I know that some developers do hate windows, but not to a point of releasing a funky version.
Although they happened on both my laptop (Win8.1) and gaming pc (win10).

Help me please,
The new guy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I look for LibreCAD in 64 bit version (for Windows)

fa201
Hello,

"deliberate bugs" seems a bit rough for developers trying to support several OS...

Did you check the last build at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/librecad/files/Windows/NightlyBuilds/master/ ?
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

happybro
This post was updated on .
Yes.
I had the same page opened since before I posted this request. Other places have links from 2020 or are about version 2.1.3

Which one is the 64bit version exactly?
Preferably full exe, but anything 64bit is fine.

The build I'm using now is also from that link (I've tried other builds that were available back then). It was the newest back then and it's 32bit running in my win10 64bit environment. I see that now there are much more builds of 2.2.0, although I've visited lots of different download sites.

I asked the question because I want to avoid wasting efforts. If this forum fails me, then I'll just install blindly.
And also because I've started to wonder if this wasn't some joke build. Like eg: sometimes when I cut/copy objects, they are not showing after pasting them, then you have to restart librecad.exe
Reply | Threaded
|

happybro
I've failed at solving the issue and also at deleting the thread/topic.
Asked an Admin to close the topic.

My conclusion:
The newest version of the software "2.2.0 rc2-19" is much more ok than build rc2-2, but still 32bit.
Will have to do.
The provided website is the only one with good, up-to-date exe links.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
It is common practice in forums, that members can't delete whole threads, so this is not a bug.

Even when using forum search function seem not to be common practice these days, this thread has still valuable information, that I not want to delete it.

Maybe this has changed, but last time I checked the Windows build server environment, it was not possible to get a community Qt version with 64 bit MinGW.
So there is currently no 64 bit version of LibreCAD too.

Beyond that, I don't think that a 64 bit version will bring a big performance boost.
So when you have performance issues, there can be several other causer, which we can discuss when you give us some more information.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution