classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Import .jpg line drawing

sswcharlie
Hi

If I import a line drawing, mainly squares and rectangles.   Is it possible to have LibreCad convert this into Librecad  format? or do I put it on its own layer and draw over the top ?  

Loving LibreCad

Charlie Harris
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Import .jpg line drawing

dellus
LibreCAD doesn't have raster to vector conversion built in. You may try an external program for that. In my experiments I have got best results with Wintopo, they offer a free version, but Windows only. When you are looking for a different tool, be aware that you need center line tracing, not all tools offer this, you will then always get double lines, marking the line thickness.
Generally these tools in most cases do not work satisfyingly for CAD, results being jaggy, not exact, not properly aligned vertically and horizontally. In most cases it is better to use the image as an underlay and draw on the top.
Reply | Threaded
|

sswcharlie
Thanks dellus, I will have a look at that

Regards

Charlie
Reply | Threaded
|

sswcharlie
Hi dellus and others

Have got most of my questions sorted.  See file attached.

I have 4 layers.
Drawing over top the jpg
Layers in alpha order
Want to see the jpg layer with drawing and drawing layer over the top, to add a square over the top  (to add another train window etc)

Construction layer ok

How do I get the new entities to show over the top of the jpg ?

Thanks

Charlie
Reply | Threaded
|

sswcharlie
Reply | Threaded
|

sswcharlie
Hi
Sorted it !!

I had to change the color of the lines.    As per the file I sent it must be drawing in white and not able to  be seen on the white background of the jpg

Thanks

Charlie  (happy now)