classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Importing DW2

Ken Herrick
Greetings from a newbie (to LibreCAD)-

For many years I have been using American Small Business's DesignCAD 2D under the DOS feature of Win XP.  For me, it's a dream CAD program altho having 50-odd annoying quirks--and today, it's totally obsolete.  The file format is DW2.  Can LibreCAD import that format, edit a/r, and then save it in its own format?  If not, might it do so some day?  Once I change away from XP I'm done for.

I could perhaps first convert to DXF but as I recall, before that I have to "vectorize" all the text and that's a pain in the neck.

Ken Herrick
Oakland, CA
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Importing DW2

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Ken,

if DesignCAD 2D support’s exporting to DXF. Then may be you can take that route?
Not sure if that’s scriptable, but may be that’s a start?

On Feb 15, 2014, at 1:45 PM, Ken Herrick [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings from a newbie (to LibreCAD)-

For many years I have been using American Small Business's DesignCAD 2D under the DOS feature of Win XP.  For me, it's a dream CAD program altho having 50-odd annoying quirks--and today, it's totally obsolete.  The file format is DW2.  Can LibreCAD import that format, edit a/r, and then save it in its own format?  If not, might it do so some day?  Once I change away from XP I'm done for.

I could perhaps first convert to DXF but as I recall, before that I have to "vectorize" all the text and that's a pain in the neck.

Ken Herrick
Oakland, CA

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Importing-DW2-tp5709590.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-user, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
NAML