Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Installing LC on Linux Mint 14

ScottB
Hi - I'm having trouble installing LC on my Linux Mint 14 system.  The software manager shows the package but when clicking on install it just shows the progress bar but quickly dies.  No information about problems.  The database and doc packages seem to install fine.  I've tried going the command line route but get many server not found errors.  And missing files.

Can anyone help me get LC installed?  Or point me to working installation instructions.  I've installed LC on my windows XP system without problems.  But I'd very much like to get it running on my main system which in Linux Mint 14.  Thanks in advance for any help forth coming.

Best - Scott
Best - Scott
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Installing LC on Linux Mint 14

dxli
version 14 is quite old, and you should have LC within official repository:

Please check whether the wiki on ubuntu is relevant:

http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD-2_Installation#Linux

If necessary, please help us building a wiki section there on Mint.

ScottB wrote
Hi - I'm having trouble installing LC on my Linux Mint 14 system.  The software manager shows the package but when clicking on install it just shows the progress bar but quickly dies.  No information about problems.  The database and doc packages seem to install fine.  I've tried going the command line route but get many server not found errors.  And missing files.

Can anyone help me get LC installed?  Or point me to working installation instructions.  I've installed LC on my windows XP system without problems.  But I'd very much like to get it running on my main system which in Linux Mint 14.  Thanks in advance for any help forth coming.

Best - Scott
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
It may help to try to build from source, if you have disk space and a little patience:

http://librecad.org/cms/home/from-source/linux.html
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottB
Thanks for the responses.  I'll give this a try once more and see what happens.  Will report back with more specifics.  Once I can get this working, I'd be happy to share that knowledge with others looking to do the same thing.

Best - Scott
Best - Scott