Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Installing on Mac Maverics OSX 10.9 - Help

SolarGuy
Hi, I'm trying to install on my Mac, but the download produces an .EXE (LibreCAD-Installer-2.0.2.exe) file that doesn't seem to do anything??

Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

LetsGetSolar
San Diego, CA
1-800-672-6730
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Installing on Mac Maverics OSX 10.9 - Help

SolarGuy
OK, think I found the answer to my own question - but it looks like a bug in the website: the current button <Install on OSX> for the 2.0.2 Mac install downloads the Windows 2.0.2 installer (.exe). But inside the 2.0.3 folder for Mac is the 2.0.3.dmg file, which works fine.

So Mac users: go inside the 2.0.3 folder for Mac

- SolarGuy

LetsGetSolar
San Diego, CA
1-800-672-6730
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
on Mac, browser should lead you to the latest installer, which is 2.0.3, a pre-release.

We had trouble with mac installers for 2.0.2, and 2.0.3 release should be ready within the next two weeks.
Reply | Threaded
|

demis
SolarGuy is right - the website also pointed me to .exe's (on MacBook Pro w/ 10.9 "mavericks" via Safari).
I had to go into the project's files and locate the .dmg to download myself.  Every "download now" link only pointed to the .exe, as if the website was incorrectly detecting my OS, or just the wrong file pointed to for the MacOS.
This happened to me just yesterday - 2014-05-25
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
This seems to be a sf.net issue, I will look later if I find a ticket there or create on.

When we are uploading new files on sf.net, the global "Download latest version" button doesn't change if we mark the file as default for a specific OS only. But if we choose a file for default to all OS this button changes.
So to keep it up to date, we have to give one file the preference over the others and as we have more than 75% Windows downloads, the .EXE settled the race.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Ries fixed this yesterday, it seems kinda tricky.

With the upcoming 2.0.4 release upload we will have a closer look at this and take care that it will work from beginning.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution