Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Library Browser

Colonel Dan
I'm new to this forum, new to CAD drawing, and new to LibreCAD.

I do have it successfully downloaded and working on my work PC and my personal MAC.  I also have the Electronics and Electrical libraries loaded (I think).  I'm quite proud I managed to get this far.  However, I don't know how to implement the libraries.  I've followed your instructions to the T and they have worked perfectly - to the point that they don't.  And that is my issue.  I have version 2.2.0.2 which I believe is the most current.  I've attempted to load these libraries on my PC so far.

I can go to my files and can see the unzipped folders in the Documents folder I created for them.  I can also go to Options, Application Preferences and see the full path down to the folder I've placed the two library folders in.  So they are there and LibreCAD knows where they are located.

Your instructions then advise me to go to View, Toolbars, and select the Library Browser.  I have gone to View but there is no Toolbars for me to select.  Has it been moved somewhere else in this new version?  If not, what am I doing wrong?
Dan
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Library Browser

perepujal
Now it is somewhere under Widgets
Reply | Threaded
|

Colonel Dan
I see that.  But I'm still stuck - the dropdown under Widgets, Toolbars lists all the available toolbars I am able to select.  There are a number of toolbars already selected as the defaults that are indicated as such with blue checkboxes.  There are 10 presented by default.  There are 10 more that are not presently selected.  None are for the Library Browser.  This is what I'm looking for.  Do you know where it is?
Dan
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus

Reply | Threaded
|

Colonel Dan
I really appreciate your help.  I followed everything you've shown me, and with every step, I get a little closer, but still don't see the electronic or electrical parts that are in my library.  I've played with the path listed in Options/application preferences/paths, but am not able to get anything I want in the window above "Insert".  I do have two folders, one named MISC with four items in it, and the other named Templates with nothing in it.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
I don't know why it doesn't work for you.
Alternatively you could move or copy your electric and electronic library folders directly into the place where the "built in" samples are in your system. In Windows it's at C:\programs\LibreCAD\resources\library.
Reply | Threaded
|

Colonel Dan
Dellus, that worked perfectly.  Thank you so much for your help.  I'm in business now and I think I can end this thread.  When I have future questions, I suppose I should post them on an appropriate string rather than on this Introduce Yourself thread.  You have been very patient with me and your advice was exactly what I needed - I really appreciate it.  I hope to see you on other threads.
Dan