6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Library blocks problems

Jaluman
Librecad 2.0.9
Ubuntu 16.04

I want to use blocks from the Library and I read this from Librecad User Manual:
To use blocks from the Block Library, select the block from the tree view, click Insert and specify a point in the drawing to place the block.
I choose a block click on it changes to red and there is no insert to click on and nothing happens.
Can any one explain how this works?
Thank you  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Library blocks problems

dellus
I don't have 2.0.9 available.
In 2.1.2 under the bottom of the window showing the contents of the library as small depictions, there is a bar saying "Insert". After you have selected your item click on "Insert" and when you move the mouse cursor out into the drawing area you pull the drawing with you.

I have 2.0.6, here the Library has several folders, like Block, Electro, but they do not react or are empty, only Misc shows something. But this may a fault of the special Puppylinux version I am using. Or is it the same with yours?

You could show a screenshot of your Library area if this doesn't solve it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jaluman
Found there is an update for Librecad and I updated to 2.1.1 it seems is the latest for my system.
I try to follow your explanation of selected your item click on "Insert" and when you move the mouse cursor out into the drawing area you pull the drawing with you.
But nothing happen, send screenshot just after I click in the drawing with Command Line: Specify
reference point and “Snap on grid”
Reply | Threaded
|

aman
Something does not add up.

Inserting blocks is very simple, just as dellus wrote.

Try Auto Zoom after you have inserted the block, if that does not help, check used colors.

Btw, I use current Debian stable, is has  2.1.3.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jaluman
The  Auto Zoom it worked I can see the shower but is very big.
I can’t find the version 2.1.3 where can I get from?
After I click on “Insert” and move the cursor  the part does not move with cursor do you
know why is that?
Now I have another problem, I need help on how to change the shower to the correct dimensions
that I need.
Appreciate if you help me with this one.
Thank you
Reply | Threaded
|

aman
Usually Ubuntu has newer versions than Debian, maybe your Ubuntu installation is aged.

If for some reason you can't update your Ubuntu, check this:
https://launchpad.net/~librecad-dev/+archive/ubuntu/librecad-stable

When you paste your block to the canvas, it sits there.  Select it by clicking, then you can Move, Rotate, Mirror, etc

You can edit blocks, open Block list, right click your block, select Edit block. Then you can dimension it, and change what you want. Be aware that it you have inserted this block many times, each of them is modified. But this is why blocks are used anyway :)