Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreCAD closes silently

RichShealer
I'm an infrequent user of CAD. Running LibreCAD in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2 16 GB.
The computer, an HP ZBook 17 G3, has been very stable over its 5+ years of use.

I have a problem with some drawings I've created that use outside dfx files that is causing LibreCAD to silently close.  I have two dxf documents that easily repeat the problem. It seems to have started after I've done some scaling and dimensioning. One will close if I try and do anything that brings up a selection crosshair cursor. (Like drawing a line or circle) the other closes when I try an do a dimension.

I've looked for log files that might give a clue as to what it doesn't like, but haven't found anything.

This first happened with versions:
LibreCAD-Installer-2.2.0-rc2
LibreCAD-Installer-2.2.0-rc3-23-g3c4163a9
LibreCAD-Installer-2.1.3

The dxf files that have caused issue are from different electronic component vendors.

The problem may have nothing to do with working with dxf files, but that is what I'm working with currently. The last time I used LibreCAD was about a year ago and did not use any external drawing files. I had no crashes at that time.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreCAD closes silently

RichShealer
I tried the same files on my home computer also running Windows 10 Pro 21H2 with the same result.

The version is also version: 2.1.3
Compiler: GNU GCC 4.9.1
Compiled on: Sep 23 2016
Qt Version: 5.4.1
Boost Version: 1.60.0
System: Windows