Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreCAD will not forget the user defined folder location for Parts Library

Travis S
I had my part blocks in a directory and somehow even if I remove the path in the "PATHS" tab in Application Preferences, I still see the folders and blocks within those folders.
If I add the path into the Part Libraries field then I get duplicate items  (but not duplicate folders) in the Library Browser.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.
I have also gone into the registry editor and removed any instance of LibreCAD keys and it some how still remembers the location.

I have a feeling that somehow this path has been saved somewhere in the registry similar to how the "C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreCAD\resources\library" path is hard coded for the default block items in the Library Browser.

Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 11 Pro.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LibreCAD will not forget the user defined folder location for Parts Library

dxli
Sounds like a big.

I will try to get it fixed
Travis S wrote
I had my part blocks in a directory and somehow even if I remove the path in the "PATHS" tab in Application Preferences, I still see the folders and blocks within those folders.
If I add the path into the Part Libraries field then I get duplicate items  (but not duplicate folders) in the Library Browser.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.
I have also gone into the registry editor and removed any instance of LibreCAD keys and it some how still remembers the location.

I have a feeling that somehow this path has been saved somewhere in the registry similar to how the "C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreCAD\resources\library" path is hard coded for the default block items in the Library Browser.

Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 11 Pro.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LibreCAD will not forget the user defined folder location for Parts Library

Travis S
Just to be clear, this has only happened with one folder location.
I tried to recreate it and when I put the same files in a different folder location and put that path in Application Preferences it will find only one instance of the blocks, and if I remove that new path from Application Preferences they are no longer present in the Library Browser.