Librecad 2.2.1 - Missing the "auto-smooth" lines at corner when using a line width > 0.00

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Librecad 2.2.1 - Missing the "auto-smooth" lines at corner when using a line width > 0.00

Rock77
Hello,
I am testing the 2.2.1 continuous build on Linux.
If i set a line width to 0.35 (ISO) and I draw two incident lines, I can clearly see two separate lines when I zoom into the corner. (this could be reproduced with any width > 0.00)
Making the same simple operation in Librecad 2.2.0.2 is producing a small rounded corner compatible with the width of the two lines.

Is this a regression or an intentional change for the current development?

Version Info:
Version: 2.2.1_alpha-312-gb46986b3
Compiler: GNU GCC 11.4.0
Compiled on: Nov 19 2023
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Boost Version: 1.74.0
System: KDE neon 5.27

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Librecad 2.2.1 - Missing the "auto-smooth" lines at corner when using a line width > 0.00

dxli
the change is due to Issue #1657: https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qpen.html#join-style

if needed, we can tweak the new rendering for this behavior ( https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qpen.html#join-style )

Rock77 wrote
Hello,
I am testing the 2.2.1 continuous build on Linux.
If i set a line width to 0.35 (ISO) and I draw two incident lines, I can clearly see two separate lines when I zoom into the corner. (this could be reproduced with any width > 0.00)
Making the same simple operation in Librecad 2.2.0.2 is producing a small rounded corner compatible with the width of the two lines.

Is this a regression or an intentional change for the current development?

Version Info:
Version: 2.2.1_alpha-312-gb46986b3
Compiler: GNU GCC 11.4.0
Compiled on: Nov 19 2023
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Boost Version: 1.74.0
System: KDE neon 5.27
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Librecad 2.2.1 - Missing the "auto-smooth" lines at corner when using a line width > 0.00

Rock77

Thank you for the quick answer: I would apply the "rounded" join style (Qt:.RoundJoin) to keep a consistent rendering of the drawings made with previous versions of LibreCAD, but I would listen to the opinion of more expert users.

If a different option is needed can it be possible to set the join style in the graphic preferences?