Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Line Dividing

sladden
Is there a way to draw a line of any length in any direction. Then divide the line into equal sections?

That way I can draw an 'L' out of 2 lines. Then divide the vertical into 13 equal spaces and the horizontal into 25 equal spaces (or any other spaces, of my choice). Then create a grid to draw a chosen shape into.

I use this ability in other CAD software for the purpose of drawing shapes. To print and glue to a piece of wood, to cut out using a jig-saw, band-saw or scroll-saw.

I can then take the original drawn shape and change the vertical and/or horizontal scales to use in different proportions on different sized pieces of wood.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Line Dividing

dxli
One way to do it is by copy/move in menu: Modify -> Copy/Modify

When the dialog box shows up, there is a checkbox "multiple copies"

You can draw a small "cell" to be duplicated. copy this cell in one direction for multiple copies, and copy the generated "band" in the perpendicular direction, you get a grid.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Line Dividing

Willem
In reply to this post by sladden
Hello Sladden,

1. Make a drawing of your ā€œLā€
2. Select Menu / Draw / Line / Parallel
3. In the commmandline, type the wanted distance between the lines (for example 20) and <Enter>
4. Move the cursor over one line in the drawing and a new line at a distance 20 mm will appear. Click to set the line.
5. Repeat moving the cursor and click for more lines.

Greetings,
Willem