classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Bd
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Line width and large drawing units

Bd
Hello, brand new user, here.  My first sketch is in the mile scale, using miles as units.  In creating a sketch on the order of 15 miles wide, how can I show a line that is several pixels wide?  The widest line widths I can choose are on the order of millimeters, therefore are infinitesimally small with respect to the image scale.

Thank you for any guidance!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Line width and large drawing units

dellus
Line width determines how the lines look printed, regardless of the scale. I suppose you don't intend to print out in scale 1:1. Switch to Print Preview mode and set your desired scale, if necessary move the sheet to the proper position, and then you can see how it will look like.
Bd
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Line width and large drawing units

Bd
Thank you for the reply!  I will play with that setting.   Basically, I want the pic that represents 15 miles wide to print on 8.5x11" paper with lines that are 2-3mm wide

On Mon, May 3, 2021, 4:56 PM dellus [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Line width determines how the lines look printed, regardless of the scale. I suppose you don't intend to print out in scale 1:1. Switch to Print Preview mode and set your desired scale, if necessary move the sheet to the proper position, and then you can see how it will look like.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://forum.librecad.org/Line-width-and-large-drawing-units-tp5720625p5720626.html
To unsubscribe from Line width and large drawing units, click here.
NAML