Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lua Scripting Language

geopython1916
Hello, my name is Joseph O'Connor from Lake Worth, Florida. I'm currently working with Laing Survey, also in Lake Worth. We are working on embedding the Lua Scripting Language into LibreCad 2 and or LibreCad 3, which ever one could be completed first I'm attempting to use the SWIG Program to automate the task. I prefer working on the current stable release, using a release Candidate would be great also. That's our plan, and we're sticking to it. Joseph OC
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Lua Scripting Language

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Best is to look into LibreCAD 3 because it already has lua added to it.

At the time I tried to use SWIG but I remember that was a hassle to get it working how I wanted it. If I remember correctly, memory leaks where an issue, perhaps now days much of it could be solved...

Hope that helps to decide for LibreCAD 2 or 3
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Lua Scripting Language

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Welcome Joseph!

I recommend to join us at https://librecad.zulipchat.com/.
There you will find Florian, who is the one you need for LibreCAD 3 support.

By chance, do you already have some more detailed plans or mockups about your project?
Basically I advocate Ries' recommendation to go with LibreCAD 3, it is exactly intended for this kind of usage.

Where I have doubts is your target of Sept. '22. I'm not sure if LibreCAD 3 is in a state then where it can fulfill your requirements. On the other hand my plan for LibreCAD 2 is a final release soon and then focus on V3 too. So I'm not sure if it makes sense to put in efforts in interfacing with V2. Where I expect much more work with V2 implementation than V3.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution