Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Menus, Toolbars, Widgets

alpatti
I am very new to LibreCad, but very old to CAD (Computervision 1975). My issue is terminology and then menu positioning. When I look at videos, some people have very nicely laid out "menus".

I think I created a custom menu, but it just stacked the commands to an existing menu.

I think I created a custom toolbar menu, but I don't like having to access it by keyboard/mouse clicks. I would like it to float and be open all the time, but that sounds like a widget which I don't think I can create.

I have floated widgets and arranged them to my liking, but the arrangement gets lost when I exit LibreCad.

I would also like to increase the icon size, but Options | Widgets seems to affect only the "menu, toolbar" icons.

I have read a lot of the manual and watched lots of youtube videos, but I would appreciate any advice about my observations.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Menus, Toolbars, Widgets

aman
Welcome to the forum!

First, please note that you probably have used proprietary CAD programs before, and libreCAD is open source product. Something you are used to use, may not be available. There are copyright restrictions, and main reason in almost every open source project, not enough contributors.

What version you is your libreCAD? 2.2 should have "torn off" floating menus.

I think icon images are raster graphics, which does  not scale well.
Reply | Threaded
|

alpatti
I am using LibreCAD 2.2.

After some more experimenting I was able to create a custom floating Toolbar. Thank you.

With all my experimenting I now have several standard floating Toolbars (line, circle, select, etc) that I can not permanently delete. I can delete them from my current session, but after I quit LibreCAD and launch a new session, all the floating Toolbars reappear.

How do I save my startup window that has only my custom floating Toolbar displayed? All the other Menubars and Toolbars are okay.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Pull the floating standard toolbars back to the original position at the borders of the drawing area. Or switch them off completely by unticking them at Widgets - Toolbars - ...
Or may be you have to deactivate Widgets - Dock  Areas - Right if you have activated it. Or untick them in Widgets - Dock Widgets if you have pulled them out from there. I don't know what you have done...  
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by alpatti
If you don't succeed to get rid of the unwanted floating toolbars you have evoked, you might reset your layout to "out of the box" with Options - Application Preferences - Defaults - Clear Settings - Layout.
You will also loose your custom floating toolbar then, but you know by now how to rebuild it, don't you?
Reply | Threaded
|

alpatti
Since I am just beginning, I don't have a lot of customization, so clearing the layout settings did what I wanted.

My custom menu still existed, but had to be re-floated. Now things are as I would like to see them.

Thank you.