Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Modifying an arc

chas
Just came across LibreCAD today, very impressed, but I can't modify an arc:  I create one using "3 points"
I would expect to be able to modify it by grabbing the middle point and moving it - just can't work out how to do it - can anyone give me a very explicit how-to please? I should say I am using version 2.0.2, from my Ubuntu Software Centre, apologies if using the latest version would fix this. Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Modifying an arc

dxli
hi chas,

Good to know that you found LibreCAD useful.

There are several ways to modify an entity (say, an arc):

1, click and drag the reference points, just as you described; I'm not clear on why and how this failed there;
2, try main menu: Modify ->Properties;
3, try other entity modification methods under main menu Modify:
Move, rotate, scale, mirror, trim, etc.

chas wrote
Just came across LibreCAD today, very impressed, but I can't modify an arc:  I create one using "3 points"
I would expect to be able to modify it by grabbing the middle point and moving it - just can't work out how to do it - can anyone give me a very explicit how-to please? I should say I am using version 2.0.2, from my Ubuntu Software Centre, apologies if using the latest version would fix this. Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

chas
Thanks for the reply. I have now installed V2.0.7 and the status now is: If a draw a "curve, 3 points" then when I select it I see the 2 endpoints and the centre of the circle of which the arc is a part (not the middle point I set to define the line) - I can drag the endpoints but not the centre. (However I can use the "properties" to reset the radius, which is the same thing.)

However if I create a spline or "spline thru points" then I can drag the control points, and that is probably what I should be using for my purpose.

I also discovered how to make the text in the status bar at the bottom of the screen bigger (cursor position etc) which was going to be my next question as the defaults were a bit small for my ageing eyesight - so I am even happier now.

Thanks again.

Now off to get to grips with blocks!
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
I just checked the source code. Looks like we forgot about moving an arc by its center.

I just added the feature by commit:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/0417bdda2a8d3f1836a5d665ddc497657321f3e8

Please build from source (http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_Installation_from_Source), or wait for the nightly builds (win32).
chas wrote
Thanks for the reply. I have now installed V2.0.7 and the status now is: If a draw a "curve, 3 points" then when I select it I see the 2 endpoints and the centre of the circle of which the arc is a part (not the middle point I set to define the line) - I can drag the endpoints but not the centre. (However I can use the "properties" to reset the radius, which is the same thing.)

However if I create a spline or "spline thru points" then I can drag the control points, and that is probably what I should be using for my purpose.

I also discovered how to make the text in the status bar at the bottom of the screen bigger (cursor position etc) which was going to be my next question as the defaults were a bit small for my ageing eyesight - so I am even happier now.

Thanks again.

Now off to get to grips with blocks!
Reply | Threaded
|

chas
Wow, you wouldn't get service like that from Microsoft :-)
Many thanks