Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Move/Copy strange behavior

ubiquitous
Move/Copy command behavior is inconsistent.

Often, when I choose the Move/Copy command to move an existing entity (in a typical case a rectangle) when I make my selection of the entity that selection is not recognised i.e. I am left being asked to select the entity instead of being asked to specify a reference point. Making further selections continues to leave me in this state despite the fact that I can see the selection going on and off.
Just occasionally the command works as intended.
Selecting and dragging works ok without precision but as I need to specify reference and target points more precisely dragging is not an option.
I am using
Version: 2.1.2
Compiler: GNU GCC 6.2.0
Compiled on: Sep 17 2016
Qt Version: 5.9.5
Boost Version: 1.62.0
System: Linux Mint 19
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Move/Copy strange behavior

LordOfBikes
Administrator
The behavior you observed depends whether you have already selected entities or not.

When there is at least one entity selected and you activate the move/copy tool, you are immediately asked for the reference point of the movement. All already selected entities are moved then.
But when no entities are selected, you are in selection mode after activating move/copy. Then you can select/deselect entities until you press ENTER. Then, after pressing ENTER, you are asked to specify the reference point to continue the action.
So I assume that a missing ENTER is confusing you.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Move/Copy strange behavior

ubiquitous
Thank you!