Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Moving a line

Yash Pal
When I try to move a line, it sometimes moves, sometimes one end moves and most of the times, it does not move.
The extract of user manual, pertaining to moving a line reads:
Moving a line
Sometimes it is necessary to move a line because we need it to be in a different place. Lets see how that is done.
1. Move the cursor over to the line you want to move and click on the line 1 time to select it.
2. now touch the line with the cursor and hold the left mouse button down.
3. use the mouse to move the line to a new location and left click the left mouse button one time and then the right mouse button once. You can see the line has been moved. Click on the line with the left mouse button 1 time to deselect it.

Can someone tell me what mistake I am making because I  follow the steps faithfully.

OS- Ubuntu 13.04; LibreCAD version stable 2.00 or so available in downloads.
Yash Pal
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Moving a line

sp1der
Hello

The best and correct way to move any entity (line, arc etc.) is to use the Move/Copy tool (Main Menu > Modify > Move/Copy), this will give you much more control over what you want to do, you can snap to specific points using the snap tools or indeed type in coordinates in the command line.

The brief description given in that basic manual is really a quick method of moving something.

See how you get on.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Moving a line

Yash Pal
Thanks. I will try it out.
Yash Pal