Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Moving from Draftsight

Franklin
I'm a retired mechanical engineer who started back in the 1970s with CADAM then moved on to CATIA. Later I used Autocad through version 10 but then moved to Draftsight for 2D illustrations for my books. Last year I upgraded my desktop computer to a Dell Optiplex 780 with Windows 7 64bit and 8GB of RAM. The hard drive is 2TB and I use two other external drives. My monitor is an HP L2208w 22 inch.

Unfortunately when I tried to download and install the latest version of Draftsight it would not install, giving me an error message about low RAM memory. I knew this couldn't be right, it's only a 2D program. But after several emails to them they had no answer. Now I have moved on to LibreCAD 2.1.3 and need to help with it.

When I pull down the Options menu and change the online selecting to a crosshair, it doesn't change. I closed the program and reopened but still no joy. What is the problem?

Thanks for you help.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Moving from Draftsight

dellus
--change the online selecting to a crosshair-- ??
Do you mean this:
 ?
It is crosshair by default. "Snap indicator lines" has to be ticked. The crosshair only appears when a drawing command is active. Does this help?