Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Moving the drawing within the viewport

Bloodknot
Hi, I'm a real newbie to LibreCAD and just getting to grips with it. Previous CAD experience is with AutoCAD 2009. The actual drawing of objects I'm sure I will suss out however, on the Mac I find the zoom using the mouse is a tad extreme but I guess I will get used to it. What I am really missing is the ability to drag the drawing around the viewport without altering the zoom %age. With AutoCAD I would press and hold the mouse wheel and drag so is this just a technique I haven't yet found or is it to do with the Mac mouse not having a physical wheel? The other thing not found yet is zoom extents in case I zoom it into oblivion. Many thanks for any help and keep safe.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Moving the drawing within the viewport

dellus
You should be able to shift the view by pressing and holding the middle mouse button/wheel and dragging around. But I don't know if there is something different on a Mac.
In Print Preview you can drag the paper sheet with the left mouse button beneath the drawing.

Equivalent to zoom extents is Auto Zoom (za).
Reply | Threaded
|

Bloodknot
Many thanks.  It looks to be a Mac thing.  I have found that the right mouse key will give a short menu including Zoom Panning which does the same but you have to select it every time. A bit of a pain. Will have to try it on the Windows laptop.  Also thanks for the Auto Zoom tip.

Best Regards and keep safe,

On 16 Mar 2021, at 13:42, dellus [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

You should be able to shift the view by pressing and holding the middle mouse button/wheel and dragging around. But I don't know if there is something different on a Mac.
In Print Preview you can drag the paper sheet with the left mouse button beneath the drawing.

Equivalent to zoom extents is Auto Zoom (za).

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://forum.librecad.org/Moving-the-drawing-within-the-viewport-tp5720378p5720379.html
To unsubscribe from Moving the drawing within the viewport, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Right mouse click gives you a number the last used commands to repeat. So if you have used Zoom Panning from the regular menu before, it will appear then.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bloodknot
Many thanks all. I found the rate at which the Mac mouse zoomed the drawing almost unusable and found that my Windows laptop behaved exactly how I expected it to with an acceptable rate of zoom using the wheel and pressing and holding the wheel allowed me to drag the drawing around the workspace without zooming it.

Having done this I then tried to use my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse with my iMac and once I had got the Mac to recognise it found that it worked exactly as it had on the Windows laptop.  So bye, bye Apple Magic Mouse which has other benefits as well like stopping my fingers cramping as I am no longer a spring chicken!

The more I get into LibreCAD the more I am liking it, especially as I have always driven AutoCAD from menus and icons and not from the command line like the Pros do.

Loading dwg files using the experimental load worked fine on my house drawing which not only had over 50 layers but there were 4 exrefs to raster jpgs that came in as well.  I got the impression that Windows does this slightly easier than IOS but maybe that was just how it seemed.

Can anyone recommend a decent font to use, best one found to date is romand.

All in all, Brill.