classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need Help Setting Up Architectural Drawings - Letter Landscape Size

Mike A.
LibreCAD User Community:

I am new to the use LibreCAD.  I downloaded Version 2.1.3, compiled on 9/23/2016, QT Version 5.4.1, and Boost Version 1.60.0. I am running LibreCAD on Windows 10 Home, Version No. 1709, OS Build 16299.125

I want to set up a series of Letter Landscape Architect Scale Templates that match typical Architectural Scales, i.e. 1/8"=1'-0", 1/4"=1'-0", 3/8"=1'-0", 1/2"=1'-0", 1"=1'-0".

Additionally I would like to get the drawing grid to match the chosen Architectural Scale.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike
21Dec2017
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need Help Setting Up Architectural Drawings - Letter Landscape Size

Hal_v_1937
G'day Mike,

Regarding your templates for differing scales, the only suggestion I have is to draw everything full size, then using Print Preview just scale and locate your images to suit your paper size.

I used various CAD programmes as an Architect for many years, and used just the one template complete with all layers,  blocks etc., which I opened with each new project, then immediately saved with a new name. I then worked on that.

When it came to printing I located and scaled to suit paper size, which in my case in those days was  A1, A2, A3 or A4.
If you base your drawing around the 0,0 co-ordinate it can help with locating when using Print Preview.

Trying to give a full description is probably not necessary as there are good descriptions on using Print Preview.
Try these links for starters:-

http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_Brief_Overview#Printing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvaHSfVJl78

I hope this helps, I'm new to LibreCad and still feeling my way in so to speak, but it is an excellent programme, worth persevering with to adapt to your needs. I'm running 2.2.0 alpha on a laptop with Ubuntu MATE 16.04.

Hal.
Reply | Threaded
|

Mike A.
Hal V 137

Thanks - I have been able to get a Grid Square to equal 1 inch with a 8.5 inch high by 11.0 inch border.

I will try your scaling input and see how it comes out.

Thanks for the LibreCAD Manual link.

Mike A
6:42 EDST, 21Dec2017
Reply | Threaded
|

Hal_v_1937
G'day Mike,
Well done, it sounds as if you're "on your way"
Hal.