Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Drafting Teacher -- Students using LibreCad

mray
Hi, I am a new Architectural Drafting teacher at a vocational high school.  I am instructing the students on LibreCad.  I have about 25 students.

I came into the program with very little information from the outgoing instructor.  The incoming second year students had been using a program I had never heard of called A+Cad.  I could not find out much information about it.  I tried to email and call the organization behind it, but I got no responses.  I also couldn't find online resources or tutorials about the program, so I decided to abandon A+Cad in favor of LibreCad.

I figured that one of the primary benefits to students from using a free and open-source program is that they can download it for free, at home, and spend more time with the program outside of school.  Hours spent at drafting are worth more than all the features of a more feature-rich environment.  Work-arounds are an important aspect of learning to be a draftsman.

Anyway, I am new to teaching, and I'm new to LibreCad.  I have not yet found anything that we couldn't do in the program without some sort of work-around.  Having said that, I have noticed some bugs, such as that the Tabloid layout doesn't work.  What is the best way to report bugs?

Thank you!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Drafting Teacher -- Students using LibreCad

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Welcome mray!

Our active issue tracker is https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues.
If you have already have a sourceforge.net account, you can also use https://sourceforge.net/p/librecad/bugs/.

Before reporting bugs, please search open and closed issues. It depends on the version you use, maybe some issues are already solved in latest code base and thus in nightly builds.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Drafting Teacher -- Students using LibreCad

mray
Thank you, Armin.  I'll read through the links and try to figure out how to report bugs.  Thanks!