Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Pen Palette in 2.2.1 alpha

dellus
I haven't studied the new Pen Palette and the Layer Tree widgets yet, looks complicated. But I have noticed a changed behaviour, even when they are hidden: when I draw a line with pen properties "By Layer" and afterwards want to check the pen properties with "Properties", it shows the colour, linewidth and linetype it has in the end, but doesn't say "By Layer", as it has been before.
Is this intended? Now you can't check on an existing element whether pen properties are defined directly or via layer.
Tested on linux appimage.

I hesitated to place a new issue on github, so this time I ask here in the forum. So I also ask what is the appropriate place for questions and bug or issue reports about the development versions.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Pen Palette in 2.2.1 alpha

dxli
Those two features are first merge requests from this developer, so I'm not surprised to see quality issues.

It will take some QA time to reach production quality.

dellus wrote
I haven't studied the new Pen Palette and the Layer Tree widgets yet, looks complicated. But I have noticed a changed behaviour, even when they are hidden: when I draw a line with pen properties "By Layer" and afterwards want to check the pen properties with "Properties", it shows the colour, linewidth and linetype it has in the end, but doesn't say "By Layer", as it has been before.
Is this intended? Now you can't check on an existing element whether pen properties are defined directly or via layer.
Tested on linux appimage.

I hesitated to place a new issue on github, so this time I ask here in the forum. So I also ask what is the appropriate place for questions and bug or issue reports about the development versions.