Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New User migrating over from DraftSight

kikker61
Greetings all........I was using the free version of DraftSight until it was no longer free.  I used DraftSight for a few years and finally got comfortable with it and they decided to no longer support the free version so now I'm onto LibreCAD and learning all the particulars all over again.  They do have an interesting approach to the commands and some new twists that are taking some getting used to.  When I started using 2D programs it was with AutoCad 2000 I think......been dabbling for a few years in these types of programs and it seems as soon as I get a bit better at them.....something catastrophic changes and I'm on to learning the ropes all over again in a new one.  Since I don't do this for a living or to make money, there ain't no way I'm paying the money so I guess it's take my lumps and move on.  Look forward to meeting and learning new people and tricks!

Dave
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New User migrating over from DraftSight

aman
Welcome!

Reading some tutorial might be good to get you going, links are at the top at the front page.

If you are used to some other cad, it can be hard at first. On the other hand, the basic philosophy between different general cad programs is quite same, you benefit from experience.