classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New to LibreCAD

Scribbler
Hello,

Having recently switched to Linux I've decided to start using LibreCAD instead of DeltaCAD which I have used, mainly for hobby purposes, for years under Windows. DeltaCAD does work reasonably on Linux running under Wine but not 100%.

I'm quickly getting used to LibreCAD mainly by virtue of YouTube tutorials. Particularly the excellent ones by Gary Fox (thumbs up, Gary!) and I've just discovered some others by Reimber which seem very promising.

Here we get to my main gripe against LibreCAD because, when keen to learn, clicking Help | Manual and getting the message "Bugger, I couldn't find the help files on the file system"  leaves a very bad impression!!!

What's the problem here? There seems to be enough material in the wiki to put something together as a start. Surely something could be assembled which would make a better impression than that stupid message!

I'd be happy to help here if only I knew where to start. I have documentation experience, having maintained 20-odd manuals for a range of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) software products for several years.

I'm no good at coding so if I can help with the documentation along with Bob Woltz, Stano Sitar, and others who are active in that area I'd be only too happy.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New to LibreCAD

hsrai
Scribbler wrote
I'm no good at coding so if I can help with the documentation along with Bob Woltz, Stano Sitar, and others who are active in that area I'd be only too happy.
We need good documenters also.

Welcome!
--
H.S.Rai