classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New to this forum.

Librecadni10
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to learn LibreCAD on and off for a number of years now without noticeable progress. I find LibreCAD very frustrating, my hands shake so badly that using a mouse in LibreCAD is an exercise in futility and frustration. I have been trying to use the command line, however, I'm not finding the tutorials to be very helpful.

Here is an imperfect analogy: It's like me trying to explain Refrigeration or Plumbing to you if you don't know the jargon, words that have specific meaning within those disciplines that may or may not be how the same word is used in common speech.

So it is with me in relation to CAD in general and LibreCAD in particular. Somewhere along the line there is a gap in my knowledge base that seems to be hampering my ability to understand just what the authors of the tutorials are trying to say.

I'm not asking specific questions here, to a degree, I'm merely expressing my frustrations. I do wish that there was a tutorial based on the use of the command line that was somewhat more clear and basic.

Thank you and respectfully yours, Librecadni10
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New to this forum.

kaiservan
With 23 views I am surprised no one took pity on you. I too am a novice to LibreCad although I had some prior exposure to Draftsight which will no longer be free as of December 2019 ...hence the switch for me.
I suppose any cad program is a bit difficult at the beginning. I started watching Tutorial on U-Tube for all kinds of Cad programs. Just Google librecad and there are videos for beginners. Some are quite informative others less so. There is also a very comprehensive Manual for LibreCad available for a download. My first quest into this forum resulted in a very quick reply that helped me with my problem, I find, every time I can solve a problem is a "Eureka moment" for me..
Good Luck and keep on trucking...  

AK
Reply | Threaded
|

CarlosFanning
Hello, everybody, I am Carlos Fanning new over here.
Well just lurking around and got this topic to start with you all.
Reply | Threaded
|

Librecadni10
In reply to this post by kaiservan
kaiservan,

I just saw this on 25-Jul-20, thank you for your remarks. I'm minded of the similar circumstances when I switched from Microsoft Windows 7 to Linux, lots of new vocabulary to learn. SketchUP was the only program I was using in MS Windows, If I can do the kind of drawings that I had be making in SketchUP in LibreCAD, then I don't think that I'll ever use MS Windows on any machine I have here at home.

Respectfully yours, Librecadni10