Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New to this program.

wayne18
I would like to make a simple family tree on letter size paper.(8.5 x 11 inch) I would like to start by making a template that matches the paper size. Is there a way to make the bottom left corner 0,0 and the top right 11 x 8.5, so that I work with those boundaries? I would draw and copy the rectangles for names and connect with horizontal and vertical lines then insert the text.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New to this program.

kent
1.  Set paper size and units
From the top menu bar, select Options/Current Drawing Preferences to set up paper size to “Letter” and units to “Inches”.
2. Open the Command Line (Visible in the bottom right-land corner of the screen.)
Right-click on a clear part of the top menu bar, to open the drop-down menu listing Toolbar, Dock Widgets and Status Bar. Move the cursor to Dock Widgets, and tick Command Line.
3.  Draw a rectangle 11 x 8.5
On the top menu bar, left-click Tools/Lines/Rectangle.  Left-click in the Command Line box, where it will now say “Specify first corner”, and type “0,0”, followed by CR.  It will now say Specify second corner”. Type in 11,8.5 followed by CR

The 11 inch x 6.5 inch rectangle should now appear in the drawing area.

Bear in mind that if you want to print the page, then your printer may need margins all round, so a slightly smaller box may be better.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New to this program.

wayne18

Kent

Thank You

Wayne

To: "wayne18" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:31:32 PM
Subject: Re: New to this program.

1.  Set paper size and units
From the top menu bar, select Options/Current Drawing Preferences to set up paper size to “Letter” and units to “Inches”.
2. Open the Command Line (Visible in the bottom right-land corner of the screen.)
Right-click on a clear part of the top menu bar, to open the drop-down menu listing Toolbar, Dock Widgets and Status Bar. Move the cursor to Dock Widgets, and tick Command Line.
3.  Draw a rectangle 11 x 8.5
On the top menu bar, left-click Tools/Lines/Rectangle.  Left-click in the Command Line box, where it will now say “Specify first corner”, and type “0,0”, followed by CR.  It will now say Specify second corner”. Type in 11,8.5 followed by CR

The 11 inch x 6.5 inch rectangle should now appear in the drawing area.

Bear in mind that if you want to print the page, then your printer may need margins all round, so a slightly smaller box may be better.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/New-to-this-program-tp5714172p5714210.html
To unsubscribe from New to this program., click here.
NAML