4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New tutorial for 2.1.3

dellus
Wow!
http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php?title=LibreCAD_Manuals_Summary#LibreCAD_2.1
This really is a professional grade work. The odt says last change 05.07.2017. What's the story behind it? Must have been an awful lot of work. Doesn't really miss there aren't a lot of images. Now I can just copy and paste excerpts for stupid newbies questions in the forum. May I?
Big thanks to Nigel Vincent.

@LordOfBikes: What about a distinct banner on the start page -"New 2.1.3 tutorial available!"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New tutorial for 2.1.3

ubiquitous
I agree Nigel has done an excellent job with this summary.
Pictures would of course be helpful but make the size of the document considerably larger.
As a newbie to LibreCAD I am preparing an approximately 6-hour course, from a range of sources (including Nigel's document), to present to other newbies. My background is in software training and support.
I hope you can find some patience with us newbies as, in my experience, there are no stupid questions when it comes to learning a new skill, language or almost anything.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Stupid was not meant seriously, but as a joke. Sorry if I have offended people.
Maybe I should have written "silly", that's kinder.
Oh..., I have done it again! Stupid me!

So LibreCAD is going to the class room, or is it by video? Anyway, good success!

dellus
Reply | Threaded
|

ubiquitous
Thanks for the good wishes dellus and no offence taken by me.
Initially training will be classroom (for Mens Shed members - most of us are over 50)( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men%27s_shed ) but if it goes well I may try putting it on YouTube or elsewhere. The intention is to give them 4 hours of fairly intensive basic training followed by a couple of hours trying those basic skills on one or two design projects of their choice from a range of about 4.
Given LibreCAD is cross-platform the training will be given using Linux but of course the intention is that they will be able to continue at home regardless of their home OS.
I only have room to train 4 people at a time and, as yet, have not determined how many of the 70 or so members will be interested. Will probably have a busy year providing this voluntary training as LibreCAD will not be the only software taught. However I propose to concentrate on open source programs unless I am persuaded to offer a couple of MS Office items (if people really can't imagine converting to open source). If everything goes really, really well we may begin to offer training more generally in the community to raise a little non-profit revenue.