5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New user looking to draw 2D of house and garden incuding drainage

JeffLee2
Hello all
Glad to be here.
I have found the old plans of my house they are in imperial. I would like to draw them in this CAD program. I've started reading the instruction manual. \it has a lot in it. Would like to draw the shape then amend it to put the correct metric sizes.
It would be good to know if this is possible. It would keep me motivated if I can start then improve my effort.
Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New user looking to draw 2D of house and garden incuding drainage

flywire
Welcome Jeff.

Start with tutorials, including draw_a_little_house.zip, and use librecad_user_manuals as required.

I'd just convert all the lengths off the plan to metric in a table and draw the plan in metric.
Reply | Threaded
|

JeffLee2
Had a look at some of the tutorials. Will need to relook on with my home monitor. Had trouble with my small laptop and no sound. Double clicked on the small house link you sent. If scrolled for a while but did not open. Can I access it from inside LibraCAD. Have read quite a bit of the manual. I think I'd get more from it if I started a drawing.
Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
It is a zip file. If it will not open you can find it in the tutorials.
Reply | Threaded
|

JeffLee2
In reply to this post by JeffLee2
Hi flywire

Thanks for your help.

I can see how versatile LibraCAD is but maybe it's not for me I've spent quite a lot of time on it and can't really get started. I just want to draw parallel lines to the shape of the plan about a brick wide in any scale. Then the line of the drainage to the road.  
I'm not good at entering commands so need to just set the with of the parallel lines; the grid to snap to; then use the mouse to draw the lines. for the walls and drain line.  
For now will just is a pencil and some graph paper.