Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New user needs to move multiple entities

AussieModelEngr
Hello. I am a new user from Australia. Just started using LibreCAD today. I am hoping to make good use of  this application with my Model Engineering hobby.

I have put 2 drawings on the one sheet and now I need to move one of them to make room to expand the other one. How do I move one of the drawings on the sheet? I have managed to select all but cannot move or cut and paste or copy and paste.

All help will be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Aussie Model Engineer
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New user needs to move multiple entities

sp1der
Hi, firstly a few questions:

What OS system are you using?

Are you able to submit a sample file of problem for testing?

You should be able to use the Move/Copy tool on selected entities without problems!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: (Resolved) -New user needs to move multiple entities

AussieModelEngr
This post was updated on .
I am using Win 7 64bit OS.

Copy of an example file uploaded. (I hope I have uploaded correctly.)

Example_1.dxf.

As per the text in the example, I want to move the entire part of the drawing that is above the text to provide greater separation between it and the rectangle on the left. (I deleted the other drawing on the sheet and replaced with a rectangle because at this time I do not want to share that part).

I thought that I should be able to use the Move/Copy but have not been successful in working out how to do this so if this is the method then I will need a step by step explanation.

I have finally worked out how to do this. Instructions below for anyone else who might have a similar problem.

Thank you to arct for you offer of help.

To Move or Copy a section of drawing.
1. Select menu item Modify.
2. Left click Move/Copy.
3. Left click “Select window” icon on left of screen. (Hover cursor over icons to identify icon name)
4. Position the cursor outside one corner of the section to be copied and left click and hold button.
5. Drag to a position diagonally opposite to enclose section to be copied and release button.
6. Press Enter after selecting. (This is the important part I was previously missing.)
7. Left Click on any reference point on the drawing (Release mouse button)
8. Move cursor to new position (Copy of drawing will move with cursor movement)
9. Left click when at correct location.
10. Select required options from the popup dialog box and click OK.
11. Press Esc key twice to unselect.

In lieu of steps 3 to 5 you can just select individual entities by left clicking on each entity to be moved or copied. Don’t forget step 6 (Press Enter after selecting.)

In section 4 and 5 in lieu of holding button after step 4, you can left click the first position and release button and then drag to opposite corner and left click again.
Regards,

Aussie Model Engineer
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: (Resolved) -New user needs to move multiple entities

sp1der
Glad you got it sorted out, yes you have to watch that 'enter' step!