classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Old/New User

urilabob
Hi from Oz.

I'm a retired old guy on a wilderness block, so I do a bit of construction and machinery repair. My drawing needs range from simple templates for drilling and machining to some reasonably complex 3D parts modelling. I've been using FreeCAD for 3D, but I needed something a bit more lightweight for the quick, simple jobs. LibreCAD seems to fit the bill. Everything runs on a Fedora system installed on a ten-year-old Yoga 900.

I'm an old user in the sense I've been (very intermittently) using drawing packages since starting with MacDraw back in 1985, but brand new to LibreCAD. So far, (a few hours) it's been a pretty good experience apart from a misunderstanding about 'construction' layers that held me up printing for quite a while (thanks Delius). Looking forward to learning a bit more about how to use LibreCAD.

All the Best
    Bob
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Old/New User

dxli
We had been trying to put lightweight as a priority.

Recently, we started to be more relax on some performance heavy features. I am developing the software using a 10+ year old laptop. Maybe, it's a good thing. If it runs well for me, performance is still good.
urilabob wrote
Hi from Oz.

I'm a retired old guy on a wilderness block, so I do a bit of construction and machinery repair. My drawing needs range from simple templates for drilling and machining to some reasonably complex 3D parts modelling. I've been using FreeCAD for 3D, but I needed something a bit more lightweight for the quick, simple jobs. LibreCAD seems to fit the bill. Everything runs on a Fedora system installed on a ten-year-old Yoga 900.

I'm an old user in the sense I've been (very intermittently) using drawing packages since starting with MacDraw back in 1985, but brand new to LibreCAD. So far, (a few hours) it's been a pretty good experience apart from a misunderstanding about 'construction' layers that held me up printing for quite a while (thanks Delius). Looking forward to learning a bit more about how to use LibreCAD.

All the Best
    Bob