classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PDF Rendering

GeoffatMM
Hi

I have been using LibreCAD happily for some time now but recently it has started to play up.  Undoubtedly something I have done.  The only recent change has been a new printer, an Epson instead of a Brother.

The Epson keeps telling me that the margins of the drawing are not correct so to overcome the message my template has been adjusted to a 3mm border all round.  Message suppressed and printing works fine.  However, PDF rendering is not working properly at all.

My drawing file has 8 to 10 drawings being various plans, elevations and sections etc. Each boiler plate drawing outline is my frame with Revisions, Notes, Project and Drawing No and Title.  The frame is A4 and the scale set to. 1:100 fixed.  Works a treat.  A4 pages print to scale.

Print preview shows the details fine and I move the white sheet under each boiler plate to print my drawings.  As I say, printing is fine and it prints what In see in the preview.  However, if I try to render a pdf to send to someone it is not working at all.

I have tried to generate the pdf from the printer dialog and also directly from the LibreCAD menu but the result is the same.  Some drawings render some of the lines but mostly the pages are blank.  When I say blank, that is not quite true.  They all print my boiler plate frame but the detail of the drawing is blank.  In fact it appears to be there but extremely faint.  If I then print from the PDF the detail is all there!

If I adjust the line width of the layer the detail is shown.  I never had this issue before and have always accepted the default layer line width (0.00) but now it does not seem to be working as it used to.

Is there a way to globally change the default line width (of existing lines) or is it another setting I have inadvertently changed that has started this problem?  

Or can I set the default layer line width somewhere?

Bemused.

Geoff
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: PDF Rendering

GeoffatMM
OK I have reset every layer to a line width of 0.25mm which has overcome the issue.  I see there is a "default" line width choice in the drop down for the layer but I can find where to set this default?  Could someone point me in the right direction please?

G
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary S
There isn't a setting for an application / drawing default line width.  It needs to be set by layer or entity.  Using templates helps a bit.  For some addional details about it refer to: https://forum.librecad.org/Default-line-width-in-Application-Preferences-td5710062.html#a5721359

Another G
Reply | Threaded
|

GeoffatMM
Thanks.  

I have looked through that and have sorted a solution but I just wondered why there is an option to select a default line width in the drop downs if it cannot be managed by a user.  Maybe it was intended but never implemented.

Geoff