classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Presentation

Lou_Papet
Good day to all,

First of all, a big thank you for welcoming me to this forum in English even if I do not practice much language since I retired in 1996. I hope you will have some indulgences towards me.

During my professional activity, I was a computer system engineer and I was part of a team that had the responsibility of maintenance and system development on the computers of the company Europter today EADS Helicopter (IBM OS / 390 and VM / 390 , HP, HPUX, Solaris SUN, Digital VAX / VMS, Silicon Graphics, Honeywell Bull DSP / 6). I was mainly concerned with Graphic applications (CADAM, a little CATIA, Autocad of the time) for machining processing on CNC machines.

In recent years, for small plans necessary for my crafts, I am looking for a 2D CAD software on my PC to replace the software MicroCadam dating from the 90s that I have kept long enough in a virtual machine Windows XP Professional installed under Oracle VirtualBox.

Having changed my Windows 7 PC for a Windows 10, after various unsuccessful tests of free softwares because I do not have an intensive use, I finally fell back alas! ... on my ancestral MicroCadam by reinstalling again a Windows XP professional under Oracle VirtualBox!...

In the end, I focused on LibreCAD which appeared to me the most interesting even if I do not find functionalities and ergonomic facilities of MicroCadam.

I think I'll explain it later if it can help.

Best cordially regards.
Why do simple when can do even more simple.... the more simple is nothing to do if possible !...
« http://jeanpierre.rousset.free.fr »
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Presentation

fa201
Bonjour and welcome !

Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.