Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Printing problem

SupDoc
I have a completed functional dwg. I selected background color: White & line color: Black.  It looks good on the display, but when I try to print it all I get is a blank sheet of paper.  How do I fix this?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Printing problem

dellus
How do you print it? Do you use Print Preview? Does it look right there? Always use Print Preview.
More details please.
Reply | Threaded
|

SupDoc
Printing Problem  I Got a message shown above when I tried to send an image of the printing problem. A second image showing the Print Preview is included.Printing problem#2
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
The first image with the printer driver's box says the selected printer is offline. I guess that's just because you opened it only for the purpose of making this snapshot. Otherwise it gives me no clues.
The Printing... message is normal during the printing procedure.
Be sure you have a valid paper size set in Options - Current Drawing Preferences - Paper, usually A4 or Letter for common office printers. The format set in your printer driver should be the same.
Then go into Print Preview mode. You should see the paper sheet there in white against a grey background. If not , zoom out until the borders appear. As your drawing says it's full scale, set the scale to 1:1. You may have to drag the underlying white sheet to a suitable position with the left mouse button pressed.
It's helpfull to have a rectangle in papersize as a border in the drawing. You then can just use Center to page.
Then, while staying in Print Preview mode (!), click on the Print button.
If you don't do all this, the printout might catch an area of the drawing where there is nothing.
That's all I can say for now, I hope it helps.