Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem whit (.dxf ~(tilde) file format

andrerosendahl
Hi! When i was closing my work here one of the days, it seems like some trouble where happening whit the file.
my actuall (.dxf -file) was saved whit 19 KB of space (time 04.59 pm) but i found the (.dxf~file) saved 152 KB (04.58 pm). The actuall file is totally empty, and the ~file is not possible to open. what have happended and how can i restore the info so i can open the work again?

greetings André from Sweden
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problem whit (.dxf ~(tilde) file format

dellus
I can't tell what happened so that the original file is empty. Maybe you have made a mistake, like accidentally closing it without saving. The .dxf~ file is a temporary backup file. Remove the ~ in the filename, best make a copy first, it should open then.
Reply | Threaded
|

andrerosendahl
Thank you Dellus for your instant reply!

Ok. Can i remove the tilde “~”, even tho its inside the fileformat and not just the name itself? Didn’t succeed yesterday by just editing the name. Tried to copy it (as another Librecad user) whit powershell but didn’t experience any difference.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Yes, remove the tilde from the file format definition, to make an openable dxf of it.
There are also backup files like #filename.dxf. You might search for one like that. May also be you have accidentally saved your file to a different location than intended.
If there are no secrets about it you can provide your tilde-backup file here on the forum for examination with More v - Upload a file.
Reply | Threaded
|

summersmel
In reply to this post by andrerosendahl
Having same issue.  created a drawing and it has the original file which shows the start of my drawing.  i resaved the drawing when completed and it has the tilde.  You cannot remove the tilde as its part of the file format. File attached.  Will not open.

Sunny_Acres_-_kitchen_layout.dxf~
Reply | Threaded
|

summersmel
problem solved. you are able to remove the tilde. it wasnt letting me as it already had the program "open with" already assigned to open it.  i put the file on thumb drive.  moved to another computer and changed the file name on the other computer.  probably a way to do that on the same computer but this was my work around.  my updated work is now available.  not sure how it saved this way in the first place. but problem solved.