classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem with UNDO on Move/Copy

JeffM
Hi,

I'm struggling to find an answer to this in the manual or in previous posts, so any help would be welcome.

Quite often when I move a section of a drawing, which might be made up of many entities, and then try to UNDO, Librecad winds backwards one entity at a time, and doesn't put the entire selection back where it started. Not a problem perhaps if the selection is a handful of entities, but a major problem if its hundreds of entities.

Is this normal, is it a bug, is there a trick I'm missing? My default response to this is to close the drawing and start over, not ideal if you haven't backed up for a while.

Many thanks,

Jeff
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problem with UNDO on Move/Copy

dellus
I can't reproduce this behaviour. Does it happen always, or only sometimes? Only in very large drawings with very many entities? Do you use an older version? I just experienced a freeze when doing a to and fro with undos  and redos with many entities in a trial.
Reply | Threaded
|

JeffM
Hi Dellus,

It seems to be doing this consistently at the moment, but it hasn't always performed in this way.

Drawing size seems immaterial, I've just opened a new drawing, have quickly drawn in a couple of dozen entities and it's done exactly the same as with a large multilayer with thousands of entities, whether or not I 'escape' to deselect after the move.

I'm using

Version: 2.2.0-rc1
Compiler: GNU GCC 4.9.1
Compiled on: Feb 16 2018
Qt Version: 5.4.1
Boost Version: 1.53.0
System: Windows (10 64bit)

I may try a re-install.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Jeff,

there were indeed some improvements, in late 2018, on the undo/redo framework.
So chances are good, that a newer release will solve your issues.

You can use the latest nightly build for Windows here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/librecad/files/Windows/NightlyBuilds/master/LibreCAD-Installer-2.2.0-rc1-142-ge38b7088.exe/download

This version should be as stable or even more stable than your current version.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

JeffM
Thanks Armin, that seems to have fixed the problem.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Glad to hear that.
You're welcome.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution